Friday, October 10, 2014

Dear Finley,


It really is true what they say, when that second child comes around you aren't quite as good as documenting it. For that I apologize because you my dear are all things good and wonderful and you deserve letters too, like your older sister.

Finley as of today you are 3 months, 2 weeks, & 3 days old. These past few months with you have a been a whirlwind. You are such a different baby than your sister. She was and still is miss i-n-d-e-p-e-n-d-e-n-t and you need me all the time. The funny thing is, I asked for this. I prayed to have a baby who wanted to cuddle because Harper rarely did, and I got just that. Some times I need to breath though, but not for long. Your cuddles are my favorite. I don't care that you are needy right now. I need you too. You have completed our family in a way I didn't know was possible. You bring such peace to us.

I can't tell you how happy I was when I found out I was having another girl. We all dream about the ideal one boy, one girl, type of thing but I wanted Harper to have a sister. I never had one and to me sisters are the most magical thing. As you get older you and Harper are starting to interact more and I can already see that you are going to be the best of friends. No one makes you laugh these days like she does. And you watch her all the time like she is the coolest person ever and she kind of is. The two of you on a daily basis make my heart swell.

The two of you have changed my life immensely. These days I'm a mess. Not in a bad way. Just literally a mess. Our tiny two bedroom apartment looks like a giant playroom. Our sink is full of millions of colorful tiny parts to bottles and sippy cups that need to be washed. And then there is me, daily trying to figure out how to make yoga pants look chic and hide the fact that its been a day (or two) since I showered.

It is worth it though, you know? The butterflies hit me every night after putting you guys to bed, usually while I'm scrolling through pictures and videos I took of you guys throughout the day. I miss you when you are sleeping, and every morning I can't wait for you guys to wake up. I don't know if the day is going to be good, or bad, I just know that I go to sleep, and wake up feeling that same joy every single day. I'm just in this really good place right now. Life around me can be quite chaotic at times but I never question myself, or a my role as a mother. It always feels right.

This place, this joy couldn't have been possible with out you. Thank you for moulding me and changing me. Thank you for choosing me to be your mother. Love you to the moon and back Finley Kate.

XoXo,
Mom

2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet and it's evident how much you love them and how much fun you are having!
    Lauren
    1sweetfairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the sweetest. You are such a good mama ❤️

    ReplyDelete