Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Oh Hey June!

Well we made it. That bump date right there was taking right in front of our front door. Our MONTANA front door. We are home. My husband successfully completed his Mike Model course (like a boss I might add) and last Wednesday we made the journey home. And boy was it an adventure.

Prior to leaving Alabama I had my 36 week appointment with my Alabama doctor. At this appointment I received exciting news...I'm progressing a lot faster than expected. I am already at 3cm and 70% effaced! My doctor thinks she'll be early. So that bomb gets dropped on us as we are about to drive across the US for the next 3 days. I was anxious and so nervous on Wednesday I began contracting. We almost has Finley in Huntsville...and then Nashville as I was contracting the entire time. It was quite the adventure. I decided if I was in labor I was just going to labor through until we got to our hotel for the night because I knew there was a nice hospital there. Eventually however the contractions stopped. I was so relieved. As much as I hurt and can't wait to meet Finley. It wasn't time. The next two days of travel were horribly uncomfortable but we made home Friday night and it was all worth it.

As of right now I'm almost 37 weeks and the anticipation is killing me. Especially since one of my best friends just welcomed their second baby into the world a few days ago. I have been nesting as much as I can but I have to keep it limited or I start contracting. My pelvic and hip pain is so awful that even rolling over at night kills. I am incredibly grateful for my husband who has very much took over EVERYTHING. And boy is he amazing. But I already knew that. That is why I married him.

I'm glad Finley is still cooking. I know every weekly milestone you hit helps with development. I'm really glad to say that she will be a Montana baby. And that I will be able to have her at home surrounded by family. I'm excited that we will get to take her home and not to a hotel room. I'm just really excited to be at this point--the end! This month is going to be incredibly bittersweet as we go from a family of three to four. So don't mind me as I cling tightly to Harper and savor the time until Finley gets here. She is going to be the best big sister in the world but for right now I want her to just stay my little baby.

June I am so ready for you!

5 comments:

  1. Hurray on making it home and Finley cooking longer! I am feeling you on the hip pain and I'm still 5 weeks behind you :/ Good luck with the next couple weeks and I hope your Harper savoring is everything you want it to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you made it home in time!! Seems like you were meant to have this baby in Montana! :) Good luck with these next few weeks...days....moments! :) Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad she stayed put while you were on the road! I'm so excited to see her pretty little face! Hang in there mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad she decided she wanted to be a Montana baby! And glad yall made it home safe. Now the countdown can really start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh!!! I cant even imagine driving across country that pregnant!! Brave mama!!

    ReplyDelete