Thursday, May 22, 2014

Thirty Five.


We made it 35 weeks. We are in the homestretch for sure. All my pregnant friends are starting to have their babies all in order and I'm just waiting now for my bestie in Nebraska to have hers and then I'm next. I'm so ready to hold this baby girl. I daydream about her all the time. By the way I think I mention that every single "bump date" but I do. Either way time can and cannot go fast enough if you know what I mean. I hope to carry Finley full term but man somedays I'm tired of lugging around my big old belly. You should see me walk. You'd either laugh at me or be very concerned for me. On Tuesday I have my final check up in Alabama ( that's right we are going HOME ) then it is 3 days in the car back to Montana. I pray we have a safe journey and a that a baby is not born a long the way. Thank goodness we have a large enough SUV that I can put my feet up and really relax on the drive back.

My emotions right now are all over the place. It feels weird to be preparing to do this all over again. I know these first 6 weeks will be just as hard as they were with Harper. There will be even more emotions to deal with. My body will be changing again. Not to mention BREAST FEEDING. Which by the way I plan on doing. I only made it four months with Harper. I don't think we ever did it right. But this time I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'm able to do it for at least a year. It is by far the hardest thing about being a mother in my opinion. I think labor is easier.

Despite the big changes ahead I'm ready. WE are ready. Ready for our hearts to grow even bigger and home to feel even fuller. We are ready for you Finley. What joy you will bring to our lives as you enter our world and challenge us.

Family of four? We got this.

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you a safe and comfortable journey back home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to breastfeed too. When you get home, you should check if your hospital has a lactation consultant and search for a La Leche League meeting in your area. I've been attending LLL the last couple months and it's soooo supportive and informative. I know when my baby does arrive, if I have any problems-these great women will be able to help me out. Just a suggestion :) And good luck with that drive!

    ReplyDelete