Sunday, March 23, 2014

Spring Has Sprung


Sunshine is good for the soul is it not? I have always been a lover of the in-between seasons. Spring and Fall. In Montana when we left on Tuesday it didn't feel like Spring at all. But here in Alabama. Spring has definitely come. The birds are chirping, flowers are blooming, the grass is green, and it rains. It doesn't snow. Rain. I will take it. In fact today we are supposed to get thunderstorms and I'm so excited. I love the claps of thunder and the lightning.


On the way down here I wore my Uggs the entire time but the moment we got here I slipped in to flip flops showing off my new lilac pedicure I got just a few days before. I also put on my favorite maxi dress and I have been in heaven ever since. This dress to be exact. Which I own in multiple colors and lived in when I was pregnant with Harper. It is the most comfortable thing ever. Harper herself is even running around in tank tops, shorts, and flip flops. She loves being outside. We haven't been outside a whole lot in the past few months so this is great. Today we hope to go pick her up some side walk chalk, and a pail and shovel for the sandbox outside our hometel, and for the beach weekends we have ahead.

Spring makes me think of the newness that is in our life. The time here is going to be a special time for us all. The last few months we have together as a family of three. It is crazy to think about that but Finley will be coming any time after the husband completes this course and we head home back to Montana. I plan to cherish the moments and soak up the sunshine with her. Our lives are certainly about to change for the better but Harper will always my first. I'm so grateful for the days we get together. We all feel the change. We all know it is coming. It is much like the changing of the seasons. I can already feel the warmth of anticipation but I'm going to embrace every moment with Harper until the pages turn into a to a new chapter.

Welcome Spring. XoXo

3 comments:

  1. Yeah for sunshine! I'm enjoying our nice weather while it lasts....too soon it will get unbearable hot. I'm def gonna check out that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are you two?!! Happy spring!!

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Spring! Glad you had a safe trip to Alabama!

    ReplyDelete