Friday, March 21, 2014
Deja Vu
We made it! It feels so good to just be relaxing this morning and not getting in the car to drive 10 hours. We had quite the adventure getting out here. Our first leg of our trip was from Montana to Sioux Falls, South Dakota in which we encountered snow storms and icy roads pretty much our entire trip. It was pretty scary for a bit with all the snow and ice and not being able to see. Luckily my husband is an amazing driver because I about went in to labor 3 times.
On Day 2 we left Sioux Falls bright and early to head towards St. Louis and right away killed a pheasant. We didn't even see it fly out of the ditch right in front of us. It cracked my front bumper so we have the joy of getting a new one of those. As always it could have been worse and I'm glad our little family is safe. We also managed to run into construction, creating a detour, and leading us right into the heart of downtown St. Louis. At least we got to see the arch up close and personal!
Day 3 was uneventful. Thank goodness. It was actually quite beautiful. The temperature rose from 31 degrees when we left in the morning to 76 by the time we got to Alabama. It was such a beautiful drive too through Kentucky, and Tennessee. I tell you if I wasn't so obsessed with Montana I'd live in the South. I really could get used to it down here.
But as you can see we made it. This morning I woke up to TAPS at 5:30 am and it brought a smile to my face. The husband is already in day one of classes and Harper and I are taking it easy building with blocks and watching cartoons. Later I'm sure we'll venture out side to enjoy the 70 degree weather. It is definitely spring here.
It feels a little weird to be back. But in a good way. I wouldn't want to be any where else. Harper and I are so glad to be here with our Pilot even if it means living in a hometel (hotel) for a few months. It is a funny thing really. I felt like I needed to defend my decision to everyone when we decided to come here. Maybe others would have chosen to stay home. One thing I have learned being an Army wife is to savor time together because you never know when you will be apart, and for how long.
Happy to be here. Happy to be together. I'm off to get ready for the day. I might even shave my legs and put on shorts and blind the entire base with my white legs.
Cheers to the weekend!
Labels:
Random Thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Bwahahaha.....I totally blinded people with my white legs this week. lol. Yeah for a safe (if occasionally scary) roadtrip. Glad you're with your man :)
ReplyDeleteIf anyone judges you, they are crazy! I will go with Will any time I can! Glad y'all made it safe.
ReplyDelete