Thursday, March 27, 2014
Milk & Cookies
Today was one of those parenting days where you look forward to nap time. Or even bed time. One of those days where your toddler tries to eat food from the trash, throw her toys in the toilet, and spits up carrots all over the floor. A day where she is just annoyed, and fussy, making you feel exactly the same. Days when you wonder what the heck you were thinking having another as you glance at your growing belly in the mirror.
Then that toddler goes down for a nap. A glorious 3 hour nap and wakes up smiling. Happy to see you as she awakes. That same toddler that grabs your hands and pulls you into the kitchen saying cookie cookie. That same sweet little nugget that you sit on the couch and share cookies and milk with. It is actually pretty awesome. And then you remember this is why. This is why I want more children. These little moments that mean so much.
Moments like in the park yesterday. The little girl beaming the moment she saw her father. The man who pushes her on the swing, and slides down the slide with her. It is that laugh, from deep in her belly, and the pure joy in the smile she wears across her face. She loves and thinks the world of that man just as much as I do.
She is greater than anything I could have ever imagined and I wish the world could be filled with hundreds of her. This is what I live for. This is why I go to bed exhausted but wake up excited every day. What wonders will I experience through her eyes this time? The world is the most amazing place with her and I am glad she makes me realize it for I so often get caught up in the downfalls of it.
She is why we are having another child and why we want more after her. It is the greatest thing I can do with my life. She makes it all make sense. She makes me feel beautiful. Being pregnant with her sister makes me feel that way as well.
Second time around it is just as all just as overwhelming in thought as it was with her. It is just as scary to think of delivering another child. But then I remember how quickly that pain passes. How quickly that turns into cuddles, sitting up, crawling, walking, talking, and the next thing you know I'll be sitting on the couch with her and her sister sharing milk and cookies with them both.
I'll never take this journey of motherhood for granted. This is bliss.
Labels:
For Harper,
Love,
Parenting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love your thoughts on motherhood! It makes me so impatient for my little to get here. I am so excited for this new chapter. :)
ReplyDelete