Monday, March 31, 2014

20 Months


Harper girl, I can't even believe it. How is it that in four short months you will be two!? TWO! Mom isn't sure she is ready for that. These past twenty months with you have been nothing short of amazing. I love watching your personality develop. You remind me so much of myself. You have a love of the simple things. The sunshine, a leaf, cookies, music, puppies, and so much more.


You are also so smart. I know all parents say that about their babies but I truly think you are so very smart. Every day we do our ABC's and you can say every letter in the alphabet and recognize them when I write them for you. You can also recognize lots of different animals and make their noises. And daily we read through book after book, your favorites being anything by Dr Seuss. Learning with you is so fun. Lately we have been practicing numbers and colors. You are cute though. You only like the numbers 2,3, 8, and the color blue.

You are finally starting to get that things are "yours" as well and you couldn't be more proud of them. It is so cute. We went Target there other day and I let you walk and you stopped and showed every one your jelly shoes. The smile on your face when people told you they were pretty was the best.


I'm also in awe at how kind you are as well. You say "You're Welcome, Please, and Thank You". You also say Hi and Goodbye to anyone you meet. And you LOVE people. I hope you always do. People are wonderful and fascinating and your whole life you will learn so much from them. I hope you are always cautious like you are but never afraid.

These past twenty months haven't always been easy though. You are persistent and demanding sometimes. I know that is because you just can't quite get out what you want. And as any human you have bad days. Some times you just aren't happy and I totally get that.

But despite all of that these past 20 months have been some of the best of my life. Thank you for the kisses and the hugs on a daily basis. Thank you for the laughter and the giggles. Thank you for the dance parties and sing a longs. Thank you for being the amazing little girl you are. And as always thank you for choosing me to be your mom. Happy twenty months my sweet baby girl. I love you to the moon and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment