Saturday, March 8, 2014

Hey I'm 24 Weeks


I'm 24 weeks. I can't believe it. My next appointment is the oh so fun glucose test which means that Finley will pretty much be here at anytime. Appointments will go from every 4 weeks, to two and I will only be getting bigger. But I love it. I feel pretty. I really do. I can't wait for her arrival. I keep picturing us as a family of four and it is pretty much amazing.

I have noticed that people don't seem to get as excited about my bump this second time around. I guess that is because I already have at toddler who is usually following me around like a duckling. I'm okay with this because I don't like people touching my bump. But I'll admit it bums me out a little. I want to tell everyone about our baby girl. I want to share her name (Finley Kate) which I'm obsessed with and I just want everyone to be as excited for her as they were for Harper, darn it! At least we are pumped in our house.

Lately I have been experiencing major hip pain in my left hip. This is something I didn't have with my first pregnancy and it hurts so bad. I wake up numerous times a night because of the pain. I hate it. You are supposed to sleep on your side yet I cannot get comfortable on my side. It is normal. Or so my doctor says and hopefully it passes.

Weight gain so far is about 11 pounds or so which isn't too bad. I'm hoping to gain about the same amount as I did with Harper and I'm pretty much on track for that.

My cravings are beginning to get out of control. As in I have to have that blizzard and I will not accept anything else. Or yes I need to make lemon bars. I have to have them. I do not care if it is 11:00 at night. You know typical pregnancy problems.

Currently I'm looking forward to our maternity pictures next weekend. We have to take them early since my husband has military training almost up to when the baby is here. I wanted him and Harper in them so I am okay with getting them done now. Besides I look like I'm 30 weeks anyways. It has been so different the second time around. Now what am I going to wear...

Despite the hip pain, constant cravings, and bad sleep I'm feeling grateful. May these last few months of pregnancy continue to go smoothly.

See you soon Finley.


2 comments:

  1. I've been seeing a chiropractor, and according to my doctor and what I've read, being adjusted is beneficial during pregnancy. You might look into that for your hip, while "normal" it may also be fixable.

    Can't wait to see the maternity pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look radiant!!!! And I love her name too & think your bump is adorable, even if it is #2!!!

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete