Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Coffee Talk
If we were to sit down this morning and have coffee I would tell you that I'm a firm believer that bad things happen in threes. Always. I would tell you that Sunday we had one of those days. It started out with one bad thing, then another, and another. There were tears of frustration, embarrassment, and exhaustion. But by the end of the day it was already better thanks to the love and support of family. The brand new Monday following was very welcomed.
I would tell you that our family is about to have a big change occurring over the next few months involving some training with the military. It is an exciting change but one that also brings about a little sadness in me. But as always we will get through it. Crazy to believe that by the end of this training it will be just about time to welcome our sweet girl Finley into our family.
We would then talk about toddlers. How amazing they are but as always incredibly exhausting. From the moment Harper and I get up it is non stop until nap time, and then non stop until bed time. The days are filled with questions of whats that? And with climbing on things we shouldn't (scaring me). And also with practicing using our big girl toilet. All with a growing belly. Challenging, rewarding, and tiring. Those are our days right now.
There would probably be mentions of the snow. How I wish it would melt. How I'm so excited to see 40's and 50's in the forecast and that it almost makes me want to wear sandals. I'm seasonally confused these days. However all this snow and warmer temperatures just mean things are going to be a melted mess. Time for rain boots.
I would tell you how I can't stop thinking about this article. How I'm guilty of using the phrase I'm blessed wrong, and how I am too praying to understand my true blessing. Definitely food for thought.
Lastly I would tell you that I'm happy. Really happy despite some of the crappies lately. I continue to grow larger by the day and I feel Finley's kicks get stronger all the time. The toddler I spend all day with helps me go to bed at night and sleep amazingly, happy because i'm her mother, and thrilled that we had yet another awesome day together. And despite the awful weather I'm starting to see signs of spring everywhere, and that my friends makes for a happy heart.
What is on your mind, and in your soul?
Labels:
Coffee Talk
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I think it would be an awesome conversation if I got to have coffee with you. I'm sorry the other day was really crappy... hope you are doing better. And yes, toddlers. Oh, toddlers. That's awesome Harper is using her potty! Kennedy asks to go potty but just sits on it because she looks forward to washing her hands.
ReplyDeleteToday was our 20 wk ultrasound and we got such a better peak at our little boy. I can't wait to meet him and see what he'll be like. This whole impending parenthood has me both excited and nervous. I love reading your blog and knowing that life happens and is normal and getting some idea of what to expect :)
ReplyDeleteMy Wholesome Home