Saturday, January 11, 2014
What's New With Us
I'm sitting here with the biggest smile on my face (about as big as Harper's mischievous smile). It has been there since yesterday. Yesterday was a good day. It began with my 16 week doctor appointment where I attempted to sweet talk my nurse and doctor into letting us peek at the gender of P2. It was unsuccessful but I couldn't be down about it because 5 minutes later we were listening to that beautiful heartbeat. 138 beats per minute to be exact. It is one of the best sounds in the world. Old wives tales say a lower heartbeat means boy. So I'm obviously having another girl. Which wouldn't be a big deal to me. We are excited either way. A boy would make my husbands dreams come true and me, well I'm kind of in love with the idea of a house full of girls. This next month cannot go fast enough. We will scream he or she from the mountain tops when we find out.
Next came the news that we are moving once again. This is a good move however. A move back home. Home to Billings where our family and friends are. Where there is good shopping and unique restaurants. Where there are a ton of activities for Harper and I to get into. Where there are things for just me to get into. Where there are more opportunities for our family. Yes the husband will still be flying for the guard he will just have to make trips when they need him. We will move next month and we are so excited to be back. Right now in our lives we are kind of like gypsy's or nomads. We haven't really settled since flight school ended and we have some big plans for Billings that will do just that. And yes, Billings isn't surrounded by mountains like Helena but the mountains aren't far. The Beartooths and Yellowstone are close enough and they are my favorite. And besides I'm just a city girl and I can't wait to be back in the "big city".
A funny thing about Helena. When we moved here both my husband and I thought we were doing what was best for one another. I thought Helena would be big for his career when he had dreams in Billings. And he saw how excited I was for him about potentials in Helena that he thought that is what I wanted. I wanted to stay in Billings but I just wanted him to succeed in his career and for some reason I thought Helena would do that. You see I could be a SAHM in either city even if Billings was what I preferred. So ever since we have lived here there have been a lot of tears (from me) about Helena. I have been unhappy and kept it bottled up as much as I could. When we moved here however we both agreed we could always go back to Billings and we are. We have no regrets. He has flown a lot since living here which is something he needed. This will be another memory. The home where he took the first steps of his career post flight school. The home where we found out our family was growing. A home where we continued to grow in our marriage and learn about selfless love.
So things are about to be a bit chaotic around here. We have a busy few weeks ahead of us. Including packing. Which I actually like because that means moving. A new place to call home, and it is great because we already know where we want to live. It is a lot smaller than our current place and only two bedrooms. I'd love any advice on how to utilize a small space for a family of four. We plan on buying a house eventually but until then this rental will allow us to simplify and save. They say love grows in small homes and I believe that whole heartedly.
Change is a good thing and Billings we are never leaving you AGAIN! See you soon.
Labels:
Random
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm so happy for you that you get to move home! I know exactly what you are going through. Now that we have moved home I have never been happier!! I always wonder why I had ended up somewhere other than home first...I think it's so my heart would never take home for granted again!
ReplyDeleteYay for baby #2 and getting to move home! We are packing for Fort Rucker right now. Only three weeks left!
ReplyDelete