Thursday, January 16, 2014
A Bump Date (17 Weeks)
I am horrible at documenting my pregnancies. The picture on the left is me pregnant with Harper at 17 weeks. It is the FIRST bump picture I took of my first pregnancy. On the right is me pregnant with P2 at 17 weeks. I look almost exactly the same. Hair and everything. Not sure how that happened. Haha.
Anyways...today marks 17 weeks pregnant. About 161 days to go until P2 is here and I am feeling fantastic. Baby is the size of a sweet potato. That I would agree with. Just look at my belly.
I'm currently wearing a mix of maternity and non maternity. Definitely always in maternity pants though. Why would you wear normal pants when you have those as an option? I have 2 maternity shirts and I know I need to invest in more because I'm wearing the same outfits. I'm looking forward to it warming up so I can wear my maxi dresses again. Loving my growing bump.
I have felt great since about week 12 and I am able to eat again and that is heaven. I may or may not have eaten a 16 oz slab of prime rib last night. It was for the baby of course. Some times however all I want is cereal. The fruity kind. Fruit Loops, Fruity Pebbles, Captain Crunch with Crunch Berries...
Weight gain so far has been about 5 or 6 lbs. I was pretty sick first trimester so I actually lost weight. I'm sure this number will continue to go up.
I'm going to be completely surprised when we find out the gender in a few weeks. I'm not leaning one way or the other but for some reason I'm in love with the idea of another girl. I have 3 brothers and always wanted a sister so part of me wants that for Harper. But if it is a boy I will be just as elated. Babies are fun.
Sleep is fantastic. As in I can't get enough. I go to bed when Harper goes to bed. I attempt to stay up later but fall asleep reading a book usually.
Lastly, I am missing my nightly beer or glass of wine. Like whoa. And my long hair. I'd love to just be able to throw it up these days. Definitely growing it out. I know there are a lot of pony tails in my future.
Life as a pregnant lady is pretty good these days. I am so blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You look so cute!! I am excited for you to find out the gender, too! I bet maxi dresses are awesome for being pregnant. When I get pregnant in the future, hopefully it'll be warm so I can wear the heck out of my maxi dresses, especially the ones that are too long ;)
ReplyDeleteYay for baby bump! You make pregnancy look good :-)
ReplyDeleteYou look fantastic!
ReplyDeleteLove the bump! Yeah for no more sickness and 16 oz slabs of prime rib! I approve :)
ReplyDeleteMy Wholesome Home