I still remember the day I found out we were moving to Fort Rucker. I was excited for my husband but not excited for myself. Transition is hard. I didn't want to leave our family and friends so I arrived there slightly excited but mostly a little bitter. Little did I know that Fort Rucker would provide me with the best friends I have ever had.
Flight school kept our husbands busy so we bonded. We bonded a lot. We spent our week days together and on the weekends we had dinner parties, husbands included. In two years I became closer to these women than ever. There were hard times and good times, there were pregnancies and there were births. We endured everything and we did it together.
So as you can imagine the day we all left Rucker and went our separate ways tears were shed. It was so incredibly hard. But it wasn't the end. Believe it or not we still talk every single day. In fact we all just spent the weekend together in Chicago. It was the best. We just sat around and ate yummy Chicago food and talked. What more does one need?
I am home now and I can't stop thinking about our trip that went incredibly too fast. I can't stop thinking about the laughter and the tears. I can't stop thinking about them and how blessed I am that they are "my people". From the moment each and every one of them entered my life they have never left my side. I tell you girlfriends are good for your health. My friends they are a treasure; magic that is real. Although we don't get to see each other every day I'm thankful for the technology that keeps us together. I'm thankful that I got to see them just 6 months after we all parted ways. It is never goodbye with them. Just see you later. Or shall I say, see you in Cali, next year.



You're so right - girlfriends are good for your health. I love that y'all got together in Chicago! So fun! And P.S. LOVE that sweater you have on!
ReplyDeleteYou are lucky to be part of such a great group of girl friends! :)
ReplyDelete