Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Everyday Moments
Oh hey blog. I have not forgotten about you I simply have a toddler who tends to make the days go by fast and leaves me too tired to write at the end of the day. Seriously toddlers are exhausting. Not to mention slightly annoying at times yet totally awesome and amazing. I'm loving every minute with Harper as she gets older.
Moments like this afternoon when we turned on the Christmas music (you can't stop me) and baked sugar cookies and frosted them. It was so fun to do it together, however much messier. Harper loves the kitchen right now. She wants to cook and thinks everything is "hot". It is precious. Nothing beats dancing around your kitchen with your mini me to jingle bells. And it is the moments like sitting down at the table and sharing a warm frosted cookie and some milk that simply remind me how good I have it.
I'm also impressed at how quickly Harper is picking things up. She learned recently how to put a hat on by herself so it is rare to see her without one on her head. She is also trying very hard to master putting her shoes on. Often times she ends up on her butt, but one day she will get it.
Our days are often full of these little everyday moments. Often uneventful ones but perfect ones none the less. I feel so complete these days. Maybe it is the fact that I have become content with simple days. I can find peace in every day. I know it is there. Perhaps I also find it in Harper. Every day she wakes up and she is who she is, allowing me to be the same. And she loves me. Just as I am.
All I know is at the end of the day I'm exhausted. Often times not showered. But I go to sleep with a smile on my face, and I sleep well. These are just simple every day moments. Just regular days. But to me they are always fulfilling and they are mine.
Life is good. God is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment