Today Helena got its very first "big" snow storm of the year. I still feel like a little kid when I know it is going to snow. I look forward to it with eager anticipation. This morning I woke up early like always at 6 am to enjoy my coffee in the peace and quiet, only this time I got to sip it and watch snow fall.
We have 2-3 beautiful inches of white fluffy snow blanketing the ground and I can't get enough. The last two winters we have lived in the south and it doesn't snow there, so today I welcomed the snow with open arms. Oh how I missed it. What makes it even more wonderful is Harper, who has stood at the window and marveled at it all day long. She goes "ooooh" every time she runs to it and sees it falling.
Today has been spent under blankets, reading books, and sipping hot cocoa. Today I have been in my happy place. Today I have
listened to resisted listening to Christmas music. Today has been perfect. Perfect as in one of those moments I dreamed about as a little girl. Cozied up in my home with my very own little family. A moment when you realize the best things in life, like nature, are free.
Happy Monday.
A week late...but I am soooo jealous!! I'm currently living in the southwest where snow is a daydream. Can't wait for our Christmas visit to the Northwest and getting my fill of green, cold, and snow!
ReplyDeleteMy Wholesome Home