Monday, June 3, 2013

Thoughts On Salt Lake


I just got back from an amazing bachelorette party weekend with a group of amazing girls in Salt Lake City. I absolutely loved the city. You can tell that they take pride in it for it is so so clean. And the architecture is old and beautiful. The best part? Surrounded by mountains all around. I could almost, almost see myself living there but it still isn't Montana and we all know how I feel about my state.



The weekend went off with a bang including a night out at the Tavernacle piano bar and then closing down the night on the rooftop of the Green Pig Pub. Boy when you are a bachelorette party you sure get a lot of attention. We had too much fun and stayed out entirely too late. The next morning I longed for just being a mom again for I just can't hang like I used to.

Later that day we gathered for pedicures where I got mine from some college boy (weird I know) who resembled Jacob Black. Following the pedicure we toured Temple Square which was gorgeous. I also got to see like 7 different Mormon brides getting ready to get married in the temple--all of them stunning. What an experience.


Following a delicious italian dinner we headed to the Taylor Swift concert. I was in heaven. It was on my bucket list to see her. You see, I'm not a hater. She is a beautiful soul and puts on one hell of a show. I laughed with her, cried with her, and sang with her at the top of my lungs. It was awesome. Also awesome? The insanely talented Ed Sheeran and country up and comer Joel Crouse.


This morning I woke up with a happy heart. Megan your bachelorette party weekend was awesome. My tummy still hurts from laughing so much. It was one for the books. I can't wait for the big day. 54 days in fact. I miss you and Joshy already and I'm so blessed to have you in my life. If it wasn't for you I would never have come across the other wonderful girls now in my life that are Britney and Sarah. So thanks for that.

As for you Salt Lake...thanks for the memories all while wearing cowboy boots. Those are always the best kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment