I don't know what it is lately. Maybe I'm just experiencing a low. We do that sometimes in life. It is like a roller coaster, sometimes we are at the bottom and then we climb towards the top. This last week I feel like maybe I have been at the bottom. But don't worry I'm climbing back up. If i'm being honest Harper, insecurities can be a bitch.
I want to kick myself sometimes as I hear certain words come out my mouth. Or as certain thoughts come across my mind. Thoughts of I'm not pretty enough, smart enough, talented enough, accomplished enough....how silly are those thoughts?
Let me tell you Harper...I am all of those things.
I am beautiful enough. In fact I feel the older I get and the more things that age me, the better I get. The most beautiful thing about me however? The fact that I am a mom. It is the most beautiful thing in the world. So thanks for that.
As for smart enough, I am that as well. Smart comes in different forms. Mine happens to be with people. I'm good with people and I'm funny. And Harper, not every one is funny. Wit is a form of intelligence all on its own.
I am talented. I find joy in the ordinary. Joy in the simplest, littlest things. Joy in everyday.
I am accomplished. I have managed to fulfill my dreams of having a husband and a child.
I guess what I'm getting at is from now on I'm not going to let my insecurities plague me. I am good enough. In fact you'd be lucky to know me. I'm silly. I am romantic. I love stories. I have wanderlust. I sing all day long. I laugh. I cry. I read. I write. I am mom. I rock.
Harper may you always realize that things and people do not define you. Love does. You are already so many wonderful things. Embrace those things. Love those things about you. The best gift you can give yourself and anyone around you is that of loving yourself. Believe me some days you will struggle. But don't worry. It too shall pass.
Love,
Mom
i agree.. your pretty wonderful. :)
ReplyDelete