Sunday, May 12, 2013

My First Mother's Day


Harper's birth was one of the most amazing days of my life. I still remember thinking I can't believe she is actually mine. It was the most beautiful moment. I'm not going to lie I'm pretty excited to be celebrating my first mother's day as a new mom.

I feel blessed to also have grown up with the best mother any one could ask for. One who would do anything for her children. I hope that as Harper grows up she wants to become a mother just like the one I am. Just as I longed to be a mom just like mine.

My husband asked me what I wanted for mother's day. Truth is there really isn't anything I want. I already have all that I want. I just want to spend the day with him and Harper celebrating. Harper is my gift. The one that made me mom and nothing can top that.

There are so many awesome things about being a mom. Like the fact that as of right now I have someone in my life who thinks I'm awesome all the time. Except for when I take something away from her that she shouldn't be playing with. I get to be a kid again. I get excited over the small things. I'm so joyful these days. And lastly because of Harper my husband and I have a new relationship. Having a baby has changed so many things in our marriage and brought us closer than ever before. It rocks.

Happy Mothers day. Today celebrate you and the fact that you have the most amazing job EVER!


2 comments: