Monday, April 22, 2013

Sunday Funday


Yesterday I was reunited with one of my favorite people. We intended to have just lunch. Then some more of our friends showed up. 7 hours later we left the brew pub. It was unexpected and I loved it. Sometimes it is okay to just let loose. To escape from mom duty. To laugh and be silly with friends. Today we all went back to reality. Which includes work and babies. But last night...last night was a blast. I sang, I laughed, and I had serious discussions with my friends about the Backstreet Boys. I love girl friends. And I of course love beer. 

However today I feel guilty. Guilty for enjoying myself. Why is that? I'm constantly a work in progress. My family will always be my number one priority but I'm learning I need to take time for myself--and thats okay. Sometimes I talk myself out of going to things only to sit at home and sulk. It is ridiculous and I need to stop it. 

Last night was fun and I deserved it. Guilty.

1 comment: