Friday, April 19, 2013
From 0 to 60
I can't believe that just a few weeks ago I was a stay at home mom. Spending my days in my yoga pants with baby vom on my shirt. It was awesome. But like all good things they must come to an end. I'm still a mom with vom on me, but now I don't get to stay at home as much. It is okay though because I pretty much have the sweetest job ever. I work with the most amazing women at the BEST boutique in Montana. You should probably like their facebook page and probably do some shopping. And sometimes I even make it in a picture or two. I obviously missed my calling as a model...
Transition has been crazy to say the least. I have cried a few times. Because lets be real...I love my baby. But in reality I was going to have to go back to work. I'm just incredibly blessed to have landed my dream job. If I'm working I might as well love it, right? However it can be hard. I feel like I struggle sometimes because I want to do it all. I want to be the most amazing mom to Harper but I also want an amazing career. I want to feel good about myself and what I accomplish. It is like I can't win. I do know that by working I'm doing the right thing. Because that is what we do. I just wish it didn't always feel this way. Such is life...Torn between a job I love and a kid and husband I adore. However they both get to see me excited for my job everyday. They get to see me come home happy. I'm living my dreams. I get to be creative. I get to do what I love. Then I get to come home to the people I love and do my other favorite things--be a wife, and mom. All while wearing awesome floral skinnies and you can't beat that.
Labels:
Harper,
SAHM,
Transition,
Work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Omg. Soooo happy for you!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the Job!!
ReplyDeletePart of why I started blogging is the hopes to grow enough to make a little extra money (eventually, at some point, it'd be nice). Nothing crazy, but enough that I'm contributing while being able to stay at home with my (future) babies. I love to write so just doing that would be my dream job.
Good luck with yours!
Could you be any cuter?! Love this pic of you. And I'm kinda loving this boutique too. Definitely will have to visit!
ReplyDeleteI love the picture! I know exactly how you feel...I'm working so hard right now to get myself into a job that makes me happy. If I have to work then I want to be at a job that makes me smile every morning!
ReplyDelete