Monday, April 15, 2013

Come and Get It


>>The above picture has nothing to do with this post. I just think pictures make everything better. In fact this post is honestly about nothing. Just things on my mind. However I really love the above picture and the girl in it and I miss her. I miss my Alabama friends. Miss my Liz!

>>We have officially been home for a week now and it still feels surreal. At least 5 times I have panicked because I didn't have my military ID to get on base. It has also snowed like 6 times. It is beginning to get ridiculous. I have attempted to wear flip flops in said snow and it doesn't feel good, at all.

>>Today I start my new job. I can't wait to fill everyone in about it. I'm going to try not to cry though because I won't be with Harper all day. Seriously that is going to be hard. But I'm thrilled for this opportunity.

>>I watched the MTV movie awards last night and all I could think was, I'm old. Like really old. I couldn't really stand them. The only thing that made it worth while was Liam Hemsworth and his sexy accent introducing the Catching Fire preview. I cannot wait for Catching Fire. I might actually get a baby sitter and see it in the theater. Crazy. I know.

>>Speaking of things that make me feel old...two of my favorite songs right now are sang by Selena Gomez, and Demi Lovato. Apparently I'm 27 going on 16. They are just so damn catchy. Guilty pleasures for sure.

>> I currently am suffering from an addiction to Mt.Dew. It is so so so bad for me. But on the long ride home I would grab myself the occasional fountain Dew to keep me awake and now I think I need one every day. It is horrible. In high school when I could eat and drink anything I wanted and still be skinny I would have a Mt.Dew and Soft Batch cookies for breakfast. So disgusting. Hopefully my love for big gulps of ice and Dew passes, and soon. At least I'm still eating my daily veggies and fruits. That cancels it out right?

>>Do yourself a favor and read this book.

Hope you enjoyed my scattered thoughts. Happy Monday Friends!!




2 comments:

  1. Addiction to soda is so terrible! I finally beat mine-by force. Cold Turkey. It was hard, but worth it. I'm addicted to juice now. As in freshly made lots of veggies. My day feels off if i don't make some every morning. How's that for a substitute?! Good luck with kicking the Dew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to avoid soda so I don't want it. Sugar is the devil, it hooks you in!

    ReplyDelete