Lately, our third child has been on my mind. In just the last few days I've started to feel him/her kicking. Like, big, noticeable movements. I cannot begin to tell you how much my mama heart has needed it. I needed to feel him/her kicking, I needed to know that they were in there. This pregnancy continues to be a blur. It is just part of the chaos that is every day. I almost forget about it some days but now I feel you. And its not just me. Your daddy can feel you too. Just 19 weeks and you are making your presence known to us. We cannot wait to meet you and find out whether you are a boy or girl. Less than two weeks!
It blows my mind that another little person will be entering our lives in a few months. That life as we know it, will once again change. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared, because I think that is normal. Maybe scared isn't even the right word, maybe I'm thinking of prepared? Are we really prepared for this? I mean we are just getting the hang of having a two, & a four year old. But baby 3 will be joining our circus, and life really is just that.
Then there is me. I'm not worried about loving a third child. That I know I will be great at. I've got enough love to go around. But three kids in, where will I find time for me? Will I lose myself even more? This is something I find myself struggling with already 2 kids in. How will I define myself outside of mother hood? When will I find the time to take care of myself, of my body? I'm already not good at it. I put my husband & the girls first, and then the house and all the things it entails. At the end of the day there isn't much left to give to me. I so badly want to get a grasp of this before our third comes along. I can immerse myself so deeply in motherhood and forget to come up for air. But I need it. I so badly need it. I need it in the form of a good book, a cup of coffee, and a glass of wine with friends. I need it in the form of meditation, and sitting in silence. I need it so badly to feel human, to feel like me.
Oh, I am so there with you. I know our situations don't compare because you've been at this much longer than I have, but the fact that I don't have a job is messing with my mind. I know it sounds melodramatic, but I'm really having an identity crisis right now. Lol So I'm taking steps toward making sure I'm finding ways to use my brain outside of changing diapers and loading the dishwasher. If you ever need an ear to vent to, I've got one to lend :)
ReplyDelete