We are just a few days in over here and so far things are going okay. The first few days of solo parenting I realized my emotions were spilling over to the girls. I was angry and sad, so in return they echoed my behavior. I was really worried for awhile there we weren't going to make it, but we are hitting our groove now. Days are going pretty smooth. We have gotten out of the house as much as we can. Distracting ourselves with school, play dates, coffee dates, dinner dates, you name it. I'm so lucky to have the community I do here. They are certainly helping. This weekend we are going to Nana & Grandpa's so that certainly helps things too.
We have spent a lot more time apart as a married couple than we would like to but I'm realizing it is part of our journey. A journey that continues to teach me so much. One that teaches me to love. It is easy to love my husband when he is here, and comes home every day. But learning to love one another without that comfort has been completely different. It is hard work, but work I wouldn't want to do with anyone else. It is a love that has made me stronger. My husband is my best friend. My excitement, my peace. He compliments me in the best way possible and if I'm being honest, our time apart has allowed me to see him in a completely different light. The sacrifice he makes is unreal. Our love is unreal.
So here we are, apart again. Not the longest time we have been apart, but not the shortest either. I miss him so much. Sometimes I don't know what to do with out him here, but I'm giving it my best. I continue to keep our home cozy, warm, and full of joy. I continue to love our daughters big enough for the both of us. And I continue to love my husband even harder too, for I know how difficult this is for him.
Absence really does make the heart grow fonder, and this heart can't wait for him get home.

No comments:
Post a Comment