I have decided that Moms are Superheroes and that some times our Mom powers are defeated by the bad guys, aka toddlers, teething, lack of napping, etc., but most days our powers win. Good wins. I don't know why, but lately I have been having all of these incredible parenting moments. Moments of clarity. Moments of man I really love this Mom gig. Moments when I realize just how strong my powers are.
As a mom I have the power to stop tears, and make the pain of a booboo go away with just one single kiss.
I can turn the most boring day into one full of adventures.
I have the power to put a child to sleep with the hum of a single song, and just a few rocks back and forth.
When someone is sick I have the ability to make them feel comfortable, and eventually better.
I can turn tears into laughter.
I can get ready for the day faster than a speeding bullet.
I can survive on little or no sleep.
I have superhero strength. I can carry up three floors, both girls, the diaper bag, AND groceries.
I am fierce. When I feel my daughters being threatened Mama Bear comes out.
I make my daughters feel safe.
I make a mean Mac & Cheese (like 3x a week, haha).
I can predict a future smelly diaper, breakdown, barf, you name it.
I know when to ask for help from other superheroes (aka other moms).
See you guys, I am a freaking superhero.
Being a superhero has its faults thought. The downside to being is a superhero is that we never give out our true identities. We often save the day and it goes unnoticed, without praise. Our days are selfless, putting others needs before our very own. Our jobs are very important, and often not glamorous. Some days we feel like we just can't handle it anymore. But we still do. Somehow we keep going.
If you are like me, at the end of the day, while your kids are sleeping, you find yourself going through pictures of the day. You relive the amazing moments. Missing them while they sleep. You begin to notice that your children are growing up. Your baby is becoming a toddler. your toddler is becoming a little girl... Looking back, that is when it hits me the most. I am amazing, look at all I do, everyday. Most of the time it is simple. But it is still awesome.
Just love this ❤️
ReplyDeleteLOVE! And so true. :) xo
ReplyDelete