Dear Finley (10 Months),
I'm a bit in denial that you are already 10 months old. It is too close to 1, too close to no longer being a baby. From the very moment I found out I was pregnant with you I knew you were something special. People probably thought you might be a boy, but I knew all along you were a girl. I knew that something amazing was about to happen, Harper was going to get a sister, and what an amazing one you continue to be.
Finley, you have second child syndrome, meaning all you want to do is keep up with your sister. This means everything is happening sooner than it did with her, like teeth, crawling, standing, and as of yesterday your first steps. You look up to your big sister so much, and I think just maybe she is starting to realize how awesome you are. The two of you playing together is my favorite thing. The giggles when you do, oh my. Is there a greater sound?
Finley, you are the calmest, happiest, baby. You love everyone and your laugh, oh your laugh, it is the sweetest. My favorite, however? It is the way you light up whenever you hear my voice or see me. I wish everyone was that excited about me, haha. The sight of you crawling down the hall as fast as you can to get into my arms is the best. You are a mamas girl, for sure.
Lately your favorite thing is hugging, and I'm quite convinced a Finny hug is one of the best hugs ever. You wrap you arms around anyone who wants one, and you pat their backs. Not only do people get these hugs but every stuffed animal you can get your hand on does. If we are lucky we just might get a Finny kiss, which is pretty great too.
Finley, you love food. All food. Peppers, avocados, bananas, puffs, turkey burgers, chicken dogs, pancakes, I mean you have tried and loved it all. Avocados are your favorite however. You also seem to think they make for a great moisturizer because you smear them all over your face and hair when you eat them.
You talk a lot too. You say MaMa, DaDa, BaBa, Awww, and Mwahh (when giving kisses). There is no way you won't talk a lot because lets face it, I talk a lot, and so does your sister. Let it be known that you said MaMa first!
At 10 months, you are sleeping through the night (7 to 7). You love your crib, and even more you love sharing a room with your sister. The transition was a breeze and the two of you are so happy to be in that space together, and your father and I are happy to have our room back.
For awhile there you were growing like a weed, but you have finally hit a plateau. You currently are wearing some 9 month clothing and 12 month stuff. Your feet are a tiny size 2, but I think before too long you and Harper will be sharing everything, which will make closet organization much easier.
Finley, I never knew how full my heart could feel until you came along. You completed me in a way I didn't know was possible. These last 10 months have been beautiful, and you have taught me so much about myself. Thank you for choosing me to be your mother.
I love you to the Moon and Back,
Mom
What a beauty! Love her! :)
ReplyDelete