Thursday, January 1, 2015

Out With the Old, In With the Same Old Me


Well hello there 2015. Like always with the end of every year I have spent a lot of time reflecting this over the past 365 days. 2014 was a bittersweet year for me and I mean that in the best way possible. The biggest highlight being Finley. She is wonderful, all things good and sweet, and 2014 was definitely her year. But like I said it was bittersweet. Along with her birth came a hellacious battle with PPD for me. I was in the dark for awhile there. I hurt. I was scared. But that was so 2014 and I'm leaving it there. I'm out of that darkness and 2015 is looking to be pretty great for me.

I'm deeming 2015 the year of me. I'm not talking about dieting, or losing weight. I'm talking about from the inside. This year I vow to take care of me. To nourish me. I vow to write more. I vow to read more. I vow to love me. All of me. The depressed me, the happy me, the scared me. In 2015 I hope to be able to handle myself. To not feel like I need to be someone else. To not improve myself but to take the time to learn to love myself. I'm letting go of trying so hard for everyone else. In 2015 you get me, just as I am.

I'm also deeming 2015 the year of my marriage. I vow to cherish it and treat it like the special thing it is. We kind of put our marriage second to our children and this year I vow to put it first. It is important. We are important to one another. I hope we spend more time together. I hope we go on dates. I hope we hold hands in public. I hope we celebrate us and continue to model to our daughters just what love is.

In 2015 I also vow to not define myself by the internet. To not compare. To not feel less than.

In 2015 I vow to be grateful. Grateful for the roof over my head. Grateful for our apartment. No it isn't a house with a yard and a puppy but for now it is our home. Though it may be small its lovely and if you came over for coffee or a play date I bet you too would feel at home here too.

So many big things are happening in 2015 already. It is my last year in my 20's. It is our 5th wedding anniversary. 2015 already feels so special. It is going to be a good year. I can feel it. May you grow in 2015 too.

Happy New Year, from me to you.

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this. Good for you Mama for knowing the importance of taking care of yourself. Oh, and I still think that picture is the sweetest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful message to start the New Year with...so many good reminders for all of us!! I wish all of those things for you and more! Happy New Year, Candace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very important to take care of yourself! You deserve it!! Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family :)

    ReplyDelete