Friday, January 3, 2014

Coffee Talk


If we were to have coffee this morning I would tell you that I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. I would then go on to tell you that as of today i'm 15 weeks pregnant and the last two weeks have been a breeze. I am finally feeling better. But if you aren't nauseated there is always something else. The stuffy nose, the growing pains, the headaches, the insomnia. It is like you can't win. I would then tell you however that I am so grateful to be pregnant and June cannot get here fast enough. My days are started to be filled with daydreaming about life as a family of four.

I would tell you that our sweet 17 month old isn't so sweet these days. She has begun to throw tantrums. And man some days they are like nails on a chalkboard. But she is just trying to communicate and this is a phase that shall pass. Until then I'll just grin and bare it.

We would then probably talk about the New Year and how excited I am for it. I would tell you how every year I try to pick one word to live by. For 2014 I chose growth. This year I'm going to choose to try new things, to eat healthy, to do yoga, to meditate, to make new friends (but keep the old), and so much more. 2014 will present me with a lot of new opportunities to grow. I will grow as a mother as our family expands. I have a new town to explore and make friends in. And I have a new body to shape and mold as I prepare to give birth for a second time.

Lastly, I would end our chat with a little bit of gratitude. I would tell you how thankful I am to have a husband who works hard for our family so I can stay home with Harper. A husband who always gives 100%. He always makes time for me by doing things such as cooking with me and he is amazing with Harper. I am so blessed to have him and I don't think I tell him that enough.

These are the things that have been on my mind and in my heart. What about you dear friend?




1 comment:

  1. I so wish we could have coffee together :)

    I, too am excited for the new year. I love the idea of picking a word to live by. I'll have to really think on that one though!

    ReplyDelete