Friday, June 14, 2013
Home.
I tend to be a bit dramatic at times. I'm also very impulsive and can be impatient. Last week we had the wonderful experience of spending a week surrounded by the mountains in Helena, MT and if you know me at all you know I love mountains. I got excited. So excited in fact I decided that we should live there. Heck even buy a house there. My poor husband even got caught up in the idea and went a long with it.
After getting excited I came down from the Helena high. I realized those weren't my mountains. That wasn't supposed to be our home. So I got yet another genius idea--Bozeman. Bozeman is where we clearly belong. My husband was yet again on board. I swear the man would do anything to make me happy. We officially decided that Bozeman is indeed where we one day want to make our home. That doesn't mean right away.
You see home right now is Billings. Home isn't a big house. Home is our two bedroom apartment. It may be small but it is cozy. The walls are covered in pictures of us and the halls are already full of memories. It is the place where Harper has her first big girl room. It is where she learned to crawl on her knees and stand.
It is wood floors and windows where plenty of sunshine gets in. It is open and I love it because I can cook in the kitchen and look out into the living room and watch my husband play with Harper. It is full of clutter but that clutter belongs to us and I adore it.
It is the place where we started eating family dinners gathered around the table. A place that keeps us near both of our families. A place that is filled with play dates and dinners with friends. We dance and sing in it. We cuddle on the couch and drink wine in it. It is home. It is everything. It is love and it is exactly where we need to be right now.
Those mountains will have to wait. The wonderful thing about them is they are only an hour away. One day we will call them home but for right now the memories are here. Besides Billings has a certain beauty all on its own. We are lucky to be here.
Anyways, as long as we have each other I am pretty sure we can be happy anywhere...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

i too believe home is wherever you make it!!! And how great to get to share that home with ones you love :)
ReplyDelete