Thursday, January 10, 2013

Transition



Transition is defined as the movement, passage, or change from one position, state, stage, subject, etc. to another. Currently I feel in limbo as we are in this stage of transition. I'm such a passionate person with everything I do so usually that means I don't like these in between phases. At times like this I tend to worry to much about the future. I go over things repeatedly in my head and pretty much drive myself crazy.

Yesterday my friends came over and we had coffee and I very excitedly announced that my husband's estimated final day of class was only 2 months and 10 days away. As soon as the words left my mouth I realized how ridiculous I sounded. Here I am sitting around with my favorite people, sipping away on coffee, and not fully being in the moment. It finally dawned on me yesterday. My inability to live in the now.


So last night I spent most of the evening being hard on myself. I went to my cranky place. A place I hadn't actually been in awhile. It wasn't pretty so I decided I needed a change. This morning I have a better attitude. A better view on life. I'm embracing the in between. We will eventually be moving. I will eventually be transitioning back to Montana. I will eventually be decorating our new home. But right now there is a lot of wonderfulness happening and I'm going to enjoy it. Every minute of it. I'm going to do what makes me happy. I'm going to spend as much time with my friends as I can. I'm going to enjoy the present uncertainty because who knows what is going to happen after this? Besides right now I currently have the most amazing people in my life to do it with. What could be sweeter?

No comments:

Post a Comment