Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Dear Harper
I should probably do this more often for daily I think to myself I just want to write down my feelings for you. The feelings you create in me. I want someday for you to read my words and know how much I love you. How much you are the highlight of my every day. How much joy and laughter you bring to my life. I want you to always know just how amazing you are.
Right now you are laying on your play mat squealing and talking to your animals. I can only imagine the wonderful stories you are telling them. You are squealing just like you do when I talk to you or sing to you. You think every thing is wonderful. I have not been around a lot of babies but you are different. At least I think so. You are happy. Like sunshine, sparkles, and rainbows happy. The only time you are not happy is if I wait too long to make you a bottle. Other than that you smile. Not just at me but at your friends, over skype to your family, and even at strangers. You think everyone is wonderful just like I do. I hope for the rest of your life you continue to smile at everyone with such kindness. Because most people are indeed wonderful.
I hope you don't think i'm a sap because I cry around you all the time too. I hope you realize that when you look at me and there are tears in my eyes that i'm crying because I'm happy. Because I love you. At night it is my favorite. After I feed you I always read you a book. It is then, in our dimly lit quiet bedroom that it hits me. Usually because you are looking up at me with your steel blue eyes. I know it is because you love me too.
Harper you are amazing. Each day you are growing more and more. And me? I'm growing too. You have changed me as a person. You and your dad are what I always wanted. And being your mom is what I was born to do. But that is only part of me. You have made me realize so much more. I want to be more for you. I want to be creative. I want to write more. I want to learn to crochet. I want to travel. It is like you have opened up my world and made it a million times better than it already was. There is so much that you and I are going to see and do.
So I guess this really isn't a letter. This is more of a thank you. One of many that are sure to come. I just love you so much.
XoXo,
Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
so sweet! love that little face! and yours is cute too, of course. ;)
ReplyDeleteThis is SO SWEET!!! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, the chubby baby cheeks! Motherhood is so wonderful. It's the hardest thing in the world, but it's also priceless in so many ways.
ReplyDelete