Yesterday one of my dear friends turned the big 27 and together my other friend Liz and I planned her a special day. One of the best parts of living where we do in Alabama is how close we are to the beach. Liz is in love with a little town called Seaside in Florida and after spending the day there yesterday it has my heart too.
We began the day with mimosas from the Modica Market. Mama happy hour started early. I was in heaven. This store was the best. Goodies stacked from floor to ceiling. Picnic baskets you can buy and fill and take on the beach for a picnic. Which I will definitely be doing with the husband before we move home. Picnics are our favorite.
I loved that you could just walk around with your drink in hand. Everything in Seaside is within walking distance and it was a great day to wander the streets, browse the shops, and see everything it had to offer. The street was lined with food trucks. You could get anything from gourmet grilled cheese to organic juices. It was all just too cute.
There were tons of yummy restaurants all with exceptional views of the ocean.
It was colorful, happy, and clean everywhere we went.
The sand was soft, white, and felt great between my toes.
The weather was phenomenal.
My swordfish from Bud & Alley's was exceptional.
My company was the BEST.
The beach was quiet and much calmer than the other beaches in Florida I have visited.
You guys I was in heaven. Harper met the ocean yesterday and I'm pretty sure she was in heaven too.
Everything about this place was amazing. I mean just look at these homes!
We ended our day with coffee for the trip home. The Amavida coffee shop was all natural, organic, and used recycled materials. My type of place.
Harper was digging the vibe it had too.
Alabama has blessed me in ways I didn't see at first. Now as our time is ending here in a few months I'm realizing the biggest blessing has been these two. I have two forever friends that I'm so thankful for every day. Days like this with them are my favorite.
If you ever get the chance to visit Seaside, Florida I would highly recommended it. I promise you'll fall in love too.





Looks like you guys had fun! I live in Tampa. I've never even heard of Seaside, but your photos make me want to visit :)
ReplyDeleteSeaside looks absolutely beautiful! I'm glad you had so much fun exploring. :-)
ReplyDeleteThe perfect day!
ReplyDeleteLooks like lots of fun. Those pictures are great, what a cute little town!
ReplyDeleteLove your photos!
ReplyDeleteSteph