Tuesday, November 20, 2012

One Year Ago Today


This happened. As I did every month I took a pregnancy test. My husband and I were doing the whole not trying but trying method so I knew there was always a chance it could happen. It was our third month of trying and I was getting tired of it. Every month I would test and it would be negative so that day when I took this test I actually forgot about it and left it sitting on the bathroom counter. An hour or so later I walked back to the bathroom and I saw the words pregnant. So I then took 3 more test. All positive. I was excited. I was also home alone. We had just moved to Rucker and on this very day I had actually just dropped my husband of to begin WOCS. Luckily they hadn't taken his phone away yet so I was able to tell him before he started class. If I wouldn't have gotten ahold of him I would have had to hold the news in and I'm not very good at that. There was no cute announcement, and no surprising him or our parents. Everyone just got a phone call from me crying because I was so elated. I couldn't hold it in. I couldn't wait to tell everyone that I loved the exciting news because no matter what happened with the pregnancy good or bad I was going to need their support.

I got to finally see Jason on Thanksgiving. I didn't care that my turkey that year was going to be served to me in the chow hall with a ton of other soldiers (it was awful by the way). I just wanted to see him and to hug him. I can still picture the way he looked at me that day. He wouldn't ever admit it but there were tears of joy in his eyes. It is one of my favorite moments. A moment in which we both realized that our lives were never going to be the same.

Now one year later I still can't believe that test turned into this. 


And now this.



So around Thanksgiving I get to be a little extra thankful. That little test was the start of the most amazing thing to ever happen to me. That little test and the beautiful baby girl that was the result of it increased my heart size 100%. I can't ever thank god enough for Harper and for choosing me to be her mom. I may not know what I'm doing half of the time but I do know that she and I were meant to be together.

I'm so grateful for that little test.


6 comments:

  1. i got a little teary eyed reading this beautiful post! love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post!! :) Amazing what a year can hold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww happy "anniversary"!! Congratulations on your beautiful past year :)

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh how incredibly sweet. happy days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a wonderful post. I too got a little teary eyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete