Harper went through four outfits yesterday. She had two explosive diapers. She spit up on me and herself three times. She would not take a nap. She was only happy if I was holding her allowing me no time to accomplish anything. She was fussy and cranky. It was the longest day EVER. Add the dogs barking at anyone and everything and you get a very annoying day.
Harper was crying and I was crying. I needed out. The moment my husband walked in the door I told him I'm taking the car and I'll be back in a few hours. You guys it was the best few hours I have had in a long time. It was just me and the open road. I played my new jam (Anything Can Happen by Ellie Goulding just in case you were wondering) over and over in the car and sang at the top of my lungs. Then I took myself to one of my happy places, Barnes and Noble where I proceeded to get myself a huge latte and browse the books and magazines. Pure perfection I tell you.
After an hour or so of me time I was missing Harper and Jason so I headed back home only to find her crashed. She slept the ENTIRE time I was gone. Isn't that how life works? I tell you. Daddy always gets good Harper.
But today I discovered I could do it. I could take me time and not feel guilty about it. I can leave my husband alone with the baby and nothing will go wrong. In fact I look forward to my next me date but until then I'll be enjoying my baby cuddles.
![]() |
| Who could get mad at this face? |

I think that was a wonderful idea!! The bookstore would have been my place for peace as well.. Good choice :)
ReplyDeleteI don't have kids but absolutely loved reading this :) I think you have the perfect perspective! She is a doll :)
ReplyDelete