I am not a good writer. But I'm good at feeling. So this post is going to involve a lot of feelings that might be a little hard to convey into words. Yesterday I turned 27 years old. I'm in my late twenties. Never in my life did I think it would feel so good. With each year that I get older I feel a little bit more free. I feel more confidant. I am less interested in what people think of me. I am proud of my views and opinions and I love to share them. With each and every year I get a little bit older I feel a little bit more- me.
Also with age comes all these exciting things. First it was marriage. Then came baby.
Today Harper is one month & one week old. I can't even explain the love I have for this child. I feel as though my heart is going to burst every time I look at her. I can't believe that the person I love the most in this world and I created her. Sometimes when I look at her I see me but even more so though I see my husband. She is most definitely ours.
Motherhood hasn't been easy however. This cute little nugget has caused a lot of tears. Mostly when she herself is crying crocodile tears and I can't figure out what is wrong. Or the trials of breast feeding. Also known as the most stressful thing in the entire world. But I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Coming into twenty seven I'm amazed at where I am in life. Just a year ago my husband was returning from a deployment in Iraq. This year we are in Alabama and have a child. It is amazing how much your life can change in a year. I can't wait to see what 27 brings. There is so much to look forward to. My husband graduating flight school, moving back to Montana, Harper growing up (which already goes way to fast), and things I don't even know about yet.
Yesterday I was celebrated. I received birthday wishes and birthday presents. My beautiful friends threw me a wine and cheese party. I felt incredibly blessed. But none of that can take away from the gifts I already have in my life every day. A comfortable home, loving husband, and a beautiful baby girl. I'm 27 years old, lucky, and ready for the next year of my life. Working towards 28 is going to be fabulous.
Belated Happy Birthday wishes being sent ya way. And what a beautiful little girl, just adorable xx
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday!! Harper is completely precious!!
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday! Hope you had a great day! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! What a wonderful year you've had! Wishing you a very happy 27th year!!
ReplyDelete