Our baby is 1 month, 2 weeks, and 4 days old. Time is flying by. It is currently 7:03 am and I am trying to squeeze in a blog post before Harper wakes up and is hungry again. I have been up since 4:00 and I'm on my second cup of coffee. On my lap a needy wiener dog who wants cuddles with me the moment I put Harper in the Mamaroo. Who am I to say no to this face?
It is raining outside and I'm cuddled up under a blanket. Rainy days are my favorite kind of days. I can already see how today will play out between the feedings and diaper changing. It will be a relaxing one. One with baby cuddles, book reading, and even some puppy cuddles. I get a warm feeling just thinking about it. I really am very lucky.
But I don't always feel like this. Some days I'm just overwhelmed and down right cranky. Being a mom is hard work. If it isn't the baby its the dogs. If it isn't the dogs it is house work. There is always something I need to do. I often times forget to take time for myself. Showers happen every other day. I rarely dress up and look nice. Sweats are my go to outfit. Coffee and Diet Coke save me and keep me awake and sometimes I even remember to grab something to eat. And somedays around 5 or 6 I hit my melting point when my husband gets home. As much as I love my little girl sometimes I just need a break and a HUGE glass of wine.
Being a Mom is the hardest thing I have ever done. But also the most rewarding. Every moment spent with Harper is awesome and the best part of it is the fact that it came naturally. Before her birth I was so nervous that it wouldn't. But the moment she arrived it did. It is like something in you changes. I was made for this. I'm amazed at night that even in my deepest sleep I can awake to her making just a little peep. It is unreal and I have been doing this now for almost 2 months.
It doesn't usually take but 10 minutes after a meltdown for me to be over it and ready for baby cuddles again. Life is funny that way. Besides, how can I say no to this face?
I'm off to feed the baby. Again...

"I'm made for this".. this makes my heart so happy! I love all your pictures. She is such a doll! And I love the name Harper. She LOOKS like a Harper - if that makes any sense!
ReplyDeletexoxo
I have no idea why I haven't been following your blog this whole time, but now I am! Your dog is the cutest thing, ever. And Harper is precious :)
ReplyDeleteJess
{ http://jmariesharp.blogspot.com }
She is seriously too cute. I love this post, so honest. I'm sure that you're an amazing mama! xoxo
ReplyDelete