Saturday, July 7, 2012

22 Days

Can You Squish Your Baby When Pregnant?

I googled that this morning. You see I slept last night. Almost too good and I woke up sleeping on the wrong side, pretty much on my stomach. She wasn't moving a whole lot this morning so naturally I panicked. Did I indeed squish her? Then I remembered how Harper is pretty much just living the dream in my belly cushioned by fluid, placenta, and my uterus. So yeah she is okay. A few sips into my coffee this morning and she is up. Just getting all jacked up on caffeine. Phew.

I'm starting to have all of these weird deja vu moments this last few days of pregnancy. As I sat in the nursery the other day putting away all of Harper's clothes and hanging her pretty little dresses up I flashed backed to a younger Candace. A very, very young Candace playing with her doll. You see when I was little I had little baby clothes and I would dress my doll Elizabeth in them (my love for Pride & Prejudice started at a young age). Now here I am many years later playing in all these little clothes only this time it is for a real baby. It is just kind of strange. It is like I have been conditioned for this. As a little girl I was preparing for a baby even though I didn't even know it. Life is amazing that way.

Emotions are just crazy right now. Everyone tells you to relax and enjoy this last part of pregnancy and I would like to know how? Currently at 37 weeks my nighttime sleep for the most part is always getting interrupted and is uncomfortable. I feel huge and undesirable. My fears of being in pain during delivery or having complications alternate with my excitement and eagerness for the baby to get here. I'm a crazy hot mess ya'll!

At this point I'm just grateful for a patient husband. Either I'm crazy already he is used to it or he just loves me a lot. Where I sit and worry about finances, or the huge changes that lie ahead with Harper coming into our lives he remains cool, calm, and collective. Through every break down or cry fest I have he makes me feel better. He makes me realize that we can do this, together, even though it won't always be easy. I just love him so much!!!

The husband and I just a few days ago. These are the faces of two people ready to meet their baby girl!
In other exciting news I had my 37 week check up with my Doctor yesterday. I learned that baby could come any time or not come at any time. How is that for exciting? I also learned that the bruising pain I am feeling on my right side by my ribs is due to them expanding and the pain I feel in my lower right back is from my kidney occasionally being blocked. How awesome is that? Pregnancy is soooo comfortable. Little Miss Harper however once again had a beautiful strong heartbeat and measured just as she should. I think she is pretty comfortable in my belly and I'm starting to realize that I will probably go all the way up to my due date. BUT if she does decide to come early she is considered full term now. My doctor thinks she will weigh between 6-8 pounds when she is born. Closer to the 6 pound side (thank goodness). As for my weight I have only gained 20 pounds which blows my mind because I eat all the time. But I'll take it!

I can't wait to see what the next few days bring. I have decided to countdown to Harper's birth and update as much as I can until she gets here. I want to capture all my feelings and emotions before my first child enters the world. So my blogging for the most part is going to be all about baby. It is a very exciting time in our household and our lives right now. I can't wait to see what the next week brings.






2 comments:

  1. You look adorable! No one would ever look at that picture and think you are 37 weeks pregnant. :) I hope Harper comes sooner, rather than later. The waiting game is miserable!

    P.S. My doc told me Rory would be around 7 lbs...she was 9 lbs, 10 oz!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! I would do the same thing though, be terrified I squished her, so now I'm glad that to know this for when I get pregnant!! Haha!

    ReplyDelete