Sunday, July 8, 2012

21 Days

Currently I feel:


Anticipation, or being enthusiastic, is an emotion involving pleasure, excitement, and sometimes anxiety in considering some expected or longed for event.

Remember my best friend who was pregnant with me?

Court & I almost a year ago. Little did we know babies were next!
Well she just had to go and have her baby yesterday. Harper's future husband Parker was born around noon and is the handsomest little fella ever. But this has left me wondering where is Harper? When is it my turn? She really could come anytime now although I don't foresee it happening anytime soon. I keep telling her it is much more fun out here in the real world but she feels pretty cozy in my belly.

By the way if you and your best friend can get pregnant and have due dates close by you should totally do it. It has been the biggest blessing. She wasn't actually due until the end of next week putting our due dates about 2 weeks apart. I can't imagine going through this without her. There is nothing like being able to vent and cry to your best friend as they are experiencing the same exact thing. They just get it. Unlike our husbands who I think are really scared all pregnancy long of their emotional and sometimes cranky wives. The only downside to this is the fact that we are currently many states apart. Her in Nebraska and me in Alabama. Thank goodness for Skype.

So as you can tell I'm totally ready for Harper. Well minus the car seat. That hasn't came in the mail yet. But it is scheduled for arrival tomorrow along with our stroller. Her swing came though! The oh so amazing Mamaroo. I am fascinated by it. So I guess she can come anytime after tomorrow so I can take her home from the hospital. The labor and delivery rooms have huge signs up every where reminding parents you must have a car seat to leave. Gotcha!

I'm off to throw on some Paul Simon and deep clean the house. Nesting is totally a sign she is coming soon. Right? Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment