Sunday, January 8, 2017

24 Weeks With Norah


Did you catch that up there in the title? Baby girl has a name!! NORAH. I love it so much. The meaning of the name Norah means honor, and ever since my husband and I stumbled upon the name there was no other one we wanted for her. When it comes to baby names most people go one of two ways. As soon as you find out the gender you scream the name from the mountain tops (me) or you keep that sucker under tight security until you have the baby. For some they want to see if the baby looks like the name they have chosen. Me though? I want to call her by name while I'm pregnant. I HAVE to name her. So a name she has. Middle name still pending however. We should have one by the time she is born. That being said, is it May yet?

This Tuesday I will be 24 weeks pregnant. It has begun to fly by. But if I'm being honest it has not been easy. The hardest thing for me being the pain. I have felt everything so much sooner. My hips ache all the time. You are supposed to sleep on your side and every time I fall asleep my hips go numb. It is extremely painful and resulting in terrible sleep. Speaking of sleep, it is all I want to do. Perhaps it is because I'm chasing around two other little's but I'm just tired. Once it hits 7 at our house I just want to go to bed.

I've also struggled with acne horribly this pregnancy (sign number one it was a girl). It is really hard to feel pretty while pregnant when you are constantly breaking out. It comes and goes in waves but I have never had it this bad in my life and it is really messing with my self esteem. I'm sorry if that sounds vain but it is the truth. Hormones are so great.

On a happier note, a few weeks ago my appetite returned and it has been nice to enjoy food again. My doctor is happy too. In the beginning of this pregnancy I continued to drop weight, almost 10 pounds. But thanks to holiday goodies that doesn't seem to be a problem anymore.

Ah, the joys of pregnancy.

Despite the pain, and the pimples, I can tell you that I spend a good chunk of every day daydreaming about Norah. Will she look like her sisters? Will she have hair? OH, how I hope she has her daddy's dark hair. I think about her with her sisters. She is so lucky to have them already. They can't wait to meet her, to help mommy take care of her. I pray for a calm easy labor lke both my pregnancies before. I pray that I'm able to nurse her. That maybe the third time is charm and I'll be able to do it better than I did before. I pray that post postpartum depression doesn't sneak in with her even though the odds are that will probably happen. At least I know how to treat it this time, and I will kick its ass. I'm also so thankful for the wisdom and knowledge my past two pregnancies have brought me. Surely that will come in handy with the third.

Most days I'm just in awe. In awe that in a few short months she be here rocking our world. I cannot wait. She is so worth all of this. Our sweet Norah.

 photo signature_zpscxhd3om9.png

2 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE the name Norah! It's always been on my list of girl names! I feel you with the pain...my sciatica nerve this time around has been SO painful. Sometimes I can hardly walk! I can't believe only about 4 more months left! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh I totally get what you're feeling about acne. I'm normally pretty secure with my looks, but every winter I get terrible acne and it messes with my self-esteem so badly.

    Praying that the next 16ish weeks are as comfortable as possible for you ❤️

    ReplyDelete