As I was laying in bed last night I drifted off to sleep thinking of Thanksgiving, thankfulness, and gratitude. At 29 I find myself letting go of so much and being in the place where I truly am my best self. It feels really good. Chinese philosopher Lao Tzu sums it up by saying, "When you realize there is nothing lacking, the world belongs to you". I would say i'm blessed in many ways but if I'm being honest I kind of hate the way the word blessed is used, I'd say i'm lucky more than anything. I focus a lot on gratitude these days and that has been so powerful for my over all well being. In fact every night before I got to bed I write down three things, or moments from each day that make me happy.
At 29 I'm grateful for so many things.
I'm grateful for a husband who provides for our family, while pursuing his dreams, and allowing me to live out my dream of being a stay at home mom. I'm grateful to get to continue to grow with him, and to fall in love with him, over, and over again. Our marriage is something we continually work on and I'm so proud of it. I couldn't have asked for a better husband.
I'm grateful for my daughters and for their innocence. They have made my world a more beautiful place since entering my life. They have made me a stronger woman. They make me the best version of me. They are a constant reminder of what is good in this world, and I love them so very much.
I'm grateful for my family, who gets me through the hard stuff. They too are everything to me. Even if we aren't always perfect. I have the best parents, brothers, and sister in law a girl could ask for.
I'm grateful for my girlfriends, and the strong bond I have with them. They are incredibly supportive, honest, and real, and I love experiencing life with them.
I'm grateful for struggles because it is in those moments that I grow the most.
These days I'm grateful for every day. That is the joy of being present. It hasn't been easy to get to this place. I had to hit a pretty big low, and that was scary. But that low helped put me in this grateful state of mind. These days I give love and attention to the things in my life that are good and working, instead of focusing on what isn't.
Thanksgiving is a time to be grateful, and I am. I hope you are too. Be grateful. Be thankful. Say thanks, especially to those who matter most to you in life. Happy (early) Thanksgiving and best wishes for a happy, grateful future.
Happy Thanksgiving!! Hope you enjoy a wonderful day with that beautiful family of yours! :)
ReplyDelete