Saturday, November 15, 2014
All Things Fall
Our little family has been busy these past few weeks. This year has been special as we enter the holiday season. Harper is actually starting to understand things and the sparkle in her eyes as she talks about pumpkins, spookies, and turkeys is amazing. Everything seems more magical. As I was growing up I always played up these moments in my head. You know, the holidays with a family of my own. These moments are all I ever dreamed about. As long as I can remember I just wanted to be a mom, and one like my own. She has this amazing talent to make everything magical, especially the holidays. I hope I can create those same feelings with my children. These moments are what I live for. They are everything to me and yes, I teared up as we walked through the pumpkin patch. Happiness hits me at the most random of times and a simple pumpkin patch trip was special to me. To us.
Harper is so funny. She loves pumpkins. Grandpa and Nana grew pumpkins in their back yard this year and she got to see them as baby pumpkins, which to her were "so cute". While they grew Nana sent us home with a pumpkin book. Literally a book about growing pumpkins. It was pretty much the most boring book ever and we got the pleasure of reading it to her at least once a day and ever since then she has been obsessed. Maybe that is why it took her an hour to pick the perfect pumpkin for us to carve. She doesn't mess around.
Life has been good lately. We have spent the last few weeks marveling in the beauty of my favorite season. We have spent Saturday's watching Husker football, we have jumped in the leaves, consumed a lot of pumpkin flavored goodies, carved pumpkins and we aced trick or treating. For Halloween, Harper was one of her favorite people, Mickey Mouse. Once she figured out that people put things in her bucket when she rang their doorbell, she was pumped. She then grabbed her fathers hand and ran from house to house yelling Trick or Treat. She was so excited.
Her cuteness worked out well for us. We have a lot of candy, and thats awesome. Then Montana had to go and ruin fall for us. Perfect 60 degree days have been replaced with 4 degree days, and snow. The snow however is proving just to be as magical as every thing else has been lately. Harper loves it. Every morning she wakes up asking if its "noing", and this weekend our tree may be going up. It just looks so magical out, and lets be real, I love Christmas.
Tis the season in our household and I'm loving every minute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

babies in hats.. my favorite!
ReplyDelete