Monday, May 5, 2014
Nerves Nerves Nerves
I'm nervous and I'm trying really hard not to be. I hate making decisions. Especially ones where there isn't a clear answer. As of today I'm almost 33 weeks pregnant. I'm currently down in Alabama with my husband and our almost 2 year old while he does some training. He is set to finish this course by June 6th possibly a week earlier. By that I'm i'll be very pregnant and we are supposed to hop in the car and drive for 3 days back to Montana. When we made the choice to come out here I honestly didn't think anything of this stuff. I knew I'd be far a long but I also didn't think I'd give birth early. But here I sit at almost 33 weeks pregnant more uncomfortable than I expected. I can only sit for so long before my lower back and pelvis begin to throb from pain. My uneasiness had me ask my OB what she thought about traveling by car at 36 weeks and her answer was a big old NO...she didn't recommend it at all. In fact she doesn't recommend it past 34 week which for me is next Thursday. So here my husband I sit. He isn't worried. I on the other hand have no clue. Worst case scenario for me would be not having him around if she does decide to come. Or having to deliver on the trip home with a doctor that knows nothing about me. Unknowns suck and I'm at a loss. I keep praying for a clear answer and I really don't want that to be me going to labor early or being put on bed rest in Alabama where I have no one to help me like I might need. If I go home its only two weeks until he is home. So no big deal. But going through anything with out him scares me too. Finley is almost full term and possibilities are endless.
What do I do?
Do I risk it?
Do I go home?
This is me overwhelmed and confused. Help.
Labels:
Pregnancy,
Random Thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

First things first, I had NO idea that you were here in AL?!!?! Whatttt?!!
ReplyDeleteSecondly, I bet you are faaaaaareaking out! I would be! Yikes. I'm not sure that I would risk it, but then again, I also would want the comfort of my own doctor, area, etc... :(
I definitely would be just as nervous and confused as you but the health and well being for you and that baby come first. Therefore I think going home now would be your best bet. I know it sucks being away from your husband especially this far in your pregnancy though.
ReplyDeleteOh mama I am so sorry!! I am freaking out about getting ready for my little guy, you just put some serious perspective on my worries! I would be totally nervous if I was you! And hear ya on the sitting for too long, ugh! I think I would go home now, if anything happens hopefully he could take a quick flight home if needed? I will keep you in my prayers!! Xo!
ReplyDeleteDo you have anyone at home to be with you if you were to go into labor? I'm no Mama, but I can't imagine being in a car for 3 days being about to pop. Let alone if you were in labor on the road. That sounds so miserable. I can't imagine how scary the thought of being away from your hubby would be, but if you have someone to support you back home, I think you might be better off!
ReplyDeleteI feel for ya, mama!! I would feel the sane way but I agree, home is probably best!! Lots of love your way!!!! Xo
ReplyDeleteIf you go home, will you have help if you are put on bed rest or deliver before your husband is finished training? And do you have everything you need in Alabama if your baby decided to come early? It's a tough decision!
ReplyDelete