Sunday, February 9, 2014

One Week Later

What a week it has been. We are still settling in to our new apartment. It is tiny and cozy and I really like it. I would be lying if I didn't have moments of pity about it though. Moments of why are we not in a home moments? But I'm just going to be honest we aren't there. A lot of my friends are though so I find it hard not be a little jealous. We will get there one day. It is only when I have exhausted myself feeling so sorry for myself that I realize what I do have. And friends I have it good.

I have a husband who worked his butt off this move so that his pregnant wife didn't have to stress herself out. I mean he did almost everything. He is the most amazing man in the world. Not only did he pack, clean, and move us, he kept me sane. Which is sometimes hard to do.

I have a beautiful daughter who continues to test me on a daily basis. But she is so smart and so amazing that I just can't get enough of her. And even though some days I am at my end I have so much love for her. So much.

I have another beautiful daughter on the way. An active one at that. She is growing and kicking and I am loving it. My belly too is growing and I'm so happy that this little miss gets to join our family. She too is another piece of our puzzle.

I too am growing in so many ways. Everything life throws my way I continue to grow. Some times I hit a low. Like last night when I just cried and cried to my husband. But I realized that I am the one doing this to myself. I control my emotions and my reactions. Only I can fix that. I went to bed last night and I prayed. I prayed hard, for patience. I struggle so bad in this area and it is the cause of so many of my personal battles. I don't do well with uncertainty and this past year has been full of it. From now on I'm going to accept it. I'm going to let go so that i'm able to live happy, joyful, and free. I am going to stop listening to my head and listen to my heart.

Right now we are right where we need to be and I can do anything with my family beside me. They are my constant. I am so blessed.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're all moved and everything went well. There's a good possibility we're downgrading to an apartment (yeah military life) in the next month to prepare for leaving the area. I am NOT looking forward to that. Hurray for hubby's that step up! Mine's been cooking a lot for me lately because some smells are just making me sooo sick. Surprisingly...he's not that bad!

    Good luck with your uncertainty and new baby and all the things you've got going on!

    My Wholesome Home

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are totally allowed time to stress out and be upset, but it's really good to hear you also focus so well on the positive. :) and it sounds like so many good things are settling down around you! just hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete