Monday, December 30, 2013
A New Year
I love Christmas but as soon as that day is over I have my sights set on the New Year. The end of the year is such an exciting time. A time spent reflecting on the past year. And what a wonderful year 2013 was. There was the ending of flight school, two moves, Harper's first birthday, a pregnancy, and so much more. It was good to us. I find as I get older each year means so much more to me. That is why I know 2014 will be just as good.
I'm not one for goals for the new year but I have spent a great amount of time reflecting on some things I could be better at or do differently this coming year.
I hope to be more open to our new home. I have spent a great deal of time being sad here in Helena and longing for Billings which doesn't help anything. Helena is where we need to be right now.
I hope to be a better mother to Harper. Meaning less time glued to my iPhone and social media sites, and more time for activities together with her. Especially since P2 is arriving in a few months.
I hope to become more creative in the kitchen and make new recipes. Cooking and baking gives me so much joy.
I hope to make new friends. We have lived in Helena since September and I haven't tried hard enough. I find it is so much harder to make friends when you are older and have children. But I hope this changes soon.
I hope to not feel guilty for taking time for myself. It is okay to disappear for awhile.
In the new year I hope to finally finally take a yoga class. I think yoga would be perfect for me.
I hope to read more books and to actually buy real books for my library.
I hope to take more trips in the New Year. As a family and just my husband and I.
I hope to continue to grow as a mother. Having a second child with surely do just that.
In the New Year I hope to embrace every day as though it is special, because really it is.
And lastly, In the New Year I hope to keep my hair one color- blonde.
Cheers to New Beginnings!
Labels:
Goals,
Happy New Year
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Happy New Year! These are wonderful goals...I hope you have a very blessed and exciting 2014!
ReplyDelete