Thursday, October 10, 2013

An Anniversary Hike






Our 3rd Anniversary was simple and perfect. Just how I like it. We packed a picnic, loaded up the car, and headed up into the mountains. It was our first time visiting Park Lake. It was closed due to funding (thanks government) but we took a road less traveled and got as close as we could. It was beautiful even from afar. It was also cold (why did we think we could picnic in October) so we had our picnic in the car and I will never forget it. It is really awkward to open wine and eat cheese and crackers in there. We ended the day with a huge slab of Red Velvet cake, which was our wedding cake, and headed home and relaxed. Simple and Perfect. This marriage thing is great. I'd highly recommend it.

3 comments:

  1. Love it!! I'm so jealous of all those mountains and all that green! I miss the north. Glad you had a good anniversary.

    My Wholesome Home

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so pretty there!! Congrats on the anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pictures of the scenery and of your cute little family too! Glad that you had a great anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete