Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Hot Mess Mama


Parenting is annoying sometimes. Like this morning. It wasn't even 8 am and Harper had been up for almost two hours. She had a major blowout. She crawled away from me while I was changing her dragging her mess with her. She tried to eat a stick. She then got mad at me because I of course took it out of her mouth. She also pulled a lamp down and broke the remote. So yeah, how was your morning?

I should tell you that this is following the night from hell in which It took me 3 times to get her to sleep. She fell asleep as usual after her last bottle. But in her chair. So I picked her up and moved her, she was wide awake. Hoping she'd fall back asleep I put her in her crib. She cried and screamed so I'm sure my neighbors love me. She was then up for two more hours playing and smiling and laughing and finally crashed way past her bed time.

It is funny though. Watching her sleep I forgot about it. Watching her sleep is so precious. I even got over this morning pretty fast because she came to me for some hugs and then did her wiggle dance. They are so good at this. It is just like giving birth. It hurts your lady parts but once you see them and hold them you forget the pain.

I guess what I'm getting at is it is worth it, all of it. Pure chaos, but kind of beautiful at the same time. I signed up for this. All of it. Even the annoying parts. Good thing that is only temporary and my love for her is not.  I'm kind of a hot mess. An imperfect parent. But I guarantee all parents feel this way a time or two. I am just not afraid to admit it. And like I said, even though my child is semi crazy these days, she is mine and I love her. Head strong and beautiful. She is my girl. Besides I'm pretty sure that is why  online shopping and wine were invented. As rewards. Parenting rewards. Am I right? Or am I right?


3 comments:

  1. I definitely know where you are coming from. My daughter is almost 5 and has tantrums like no other and bedtime has been crazy lately. She screams and cries and it makes you feel bad but you can't give in lol. So it is rewarding but can totally make you want a drink now and then lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, this is so sweet. I love reading your posts about Harp. She'll love them too, one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me chuckle because I've so been there. I swear that it's the peaceful sweetness of sleep that reminds us after a rough day how much we love them, just so that we can get up and struggle all over again the next day.

    ReplyDelete