Monday, June 24, 2013
Sometimes...
I think I have baby fever. Perhaps it is because I'm at that age of my life that it seems like everyone is having babies, babies, and more babies. But then I remember that I don't like that I almost do laundry daily. That I can't relax because my spawn is getting into things she shouldn't be getting into. That she has currently climbed up on the entertainment stand and is now pulling on the cords that she shouldn't pull. Or that she is spitting on my face while I feed her dinner because she thinks its funny. Maybe I shouldn't I have laughed at her.
Lets not forget to mention how much I miss being able to watch a movie in its entirety without having to hit pause. Or how much I miss the quiet. I mean I can't even get ready without an audience. And why is her favorite game, "lets see how loud I can yell"? Or lets throw everything, and my least favorite-- mom let me drop this and you fetch it.
Then she distracts me with all the good stuff. The giggles at the simplest of things. The hugs when I least expect them. Discovering the world and joy that it brings her. She is the perfect combination of her father and I. The conversations and the laughter she brings to every day are the best, even when she is annoying us--and trust me your child can be annoying. But we made her and that my friends is awesome.
She is ours and when I look at her all I can think is, why wouldn't I want to do this again? Who knows... if this fever keeps up #2 could be here before we know it. And you know what? We would be so lucky!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yup I have the fever too!! ;)
ReplyDeleteThis is the constant battle in my head lol
ReplyDelete