Friday, May 24, 2013

I'm Hip, I'm Cool


I still think it hasn't quite hit me yet that I'm a mom. I live it, I breathe it, I talk it, but honestly it is just crazy. Two years ago I wasn't thinking about kids, last year I was pregnant, and now in a couple months Harper will turn one. It is just unreal, is it not? Like we made her.

Last week as I awaited my tattoo I was nervous. Nervous it would hurt. Then I remembered I have had a baby and I can handle a tattoo. But it was like the moment Harper entered the world I didn't feel the pain. It is such a high.

All week long in the store I have noticed mom's--whether they have older kids or are pregnant with their first and I love it. I love that I'm a part of that club. I love that I too have that glow. Heck I even love that I too am not the only one that sometimes looks frazzled and maybe hasn't showered for a day or two. 

I love that I can sit there and carry on conversations about pregnancy, teething, parenting, etc. It is like out of the blue I just became it. I am a parent. I am mom and it is awesome! I talk about Harper all the time. I jump at any chance to show anyone a picture of her. She is my world.

This is basically just a bunch of nonsense but I guess what I'm getting at is I am happy to say good bye to the girl I used to be and I love the woman I have become. I'm happy to be growing older--happy to be mom.

It is bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment