Friday, February 15, 2013

Thoughts On A Friday


+ Valentines day was good to me yesterday but I found myself a little sad last night. You see Harper had been having melt downs ever since I got home from my day date with my friends. This is what I find to be the hard part about being a parent. Harper right now can't tell me what is wrong. And when I can't figure it out right away I start to question my parenting skills which then leads to "Am I doing enough for her thoughts?" Almost 7 months later I am still learning how to be a parent. I have decided I don't think you will ever have it down 100% and that every day can't be easy. I just need to learn to not be so hard on myself as a mom. I was just telling my husband the overwhelming responsibility I feel for her constantly. I also mentioned that I need a day to myself but at the same time I don't ever want to leave Harper. So pretty much I'm a hot mess.

+ Music wise however, I'm loving this hauntingly beautiful song by Ellie Goulding. Her album is worth buying.

+ And I'm obsessed with this dress I scored at Target the other day. I already can picture it with my cowboy boots. Perfect for summer. Perfect for country concerts.

+ Also, I'm almost finished with this book and it has been the best parenting book I have ever read. There is so much wisdom within its pages. It helps me realize that as a mother i'm not alone in my thoughts and feelings. It calms me. If you have a child or plan on having one I'd recommend it. I'm so glad I have it to refer to on days when I'm feel anxious.

+ Oh and I scored an interview at my dream job and I think it went really well. Now I eagerly await the call saying if I got the job or not. Keep your fingers crossed for me if you can.

+ And Speaking of jobs. We are down to our last 48 days here in Alabama. My husband is down to his last month of flight school. I am realizing I'm going to have to work when we move back to Montana. I'm not sure how I feel about this. If it is at my dream job, then yeah I'll be ok but any other job will probably have me missing the time I spend with my daughter. I hope it will be a smooth transition. I am pretty obsessed with my baby girl. Transition is proving to be a crazy emotional journey right now.

+Lastly, thank goodness it is Friday. I'm excited for a 3 day weekend with my husband. It might include margaritas, a day trip to the beach, and who knows what else. Hope yours is just as wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment