Life doesn't always look like I want it to. I spend a lot of time day dreaming of what I think it should be like. The big house I think I should be in. The dream job I should have. The traveling of the world I should be doing. The closet I want to have... These are just all things I would prefer to have in my life right now but in reality having all of those things wouldn't make my life any better. None of these things could make me change the way I feel about myself. The way I feel about my life.
I started doing it again today. The freaking out about the future thing. It took a mini break down and a few tears to get me out of it. To stop that uneasy feeling. Enjoying the present can be a hard thing to do. It is something that takes practice. It took my daughter giggling at me as she squeezed my nose and pulled my hair to make me realize that what I have doesn't make me appreciate what is in front of me. It is more so about taking in what is around me daily at any given time.
It is enjoying those little things. Harper's laughter, my favorite song playing on the radio, the sound of rain as it falls... It is focusing on the simplest of things that helps you through your days. It is also in trust that I find peace. Trusting god. Trusting the world around me. Every day there is good in my life and the proof that life is happening just as it should be is right in front of me.
Happiness isn't about what you have. It is about what is right in front of you. Open your eyes and look for it and I promise you'll see that you have just what you need.

First of all, beautiful family photo! And don't get down on yourself for your little breakdown, sometimes we all need to cry a little so that we can bring ourselves back up and remember how good we really do have it!
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family!
Thanks for this. I do the same thing sometimes and it is nice to know I'm not alone. I'm going to focus on what is right in front of me today. :)
ReplyDelete