Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Dear Harper (Again),


So I have had a glass of bubbly (or two) and I'm of course feeling inspired. These days when I feel inspired I want to write mushy things. Mostly about you Harper. So here goes.

Harper girl you are crazy. Like seriously crazy. I can't slow you down! As of today you are 5 months, 2 weeks, and 2 days old. You are amazing in everything you do. I'm pretty sure you are ahead of the game and this honestly scares the crap out of me.

I'm also starting to think I'm going to have to strap you down. I no longer can change you or lay you down with out you rolling away from me. Which is fine unless I'm changing you. I would prefer you don't potty on the carpet, or the bed, or wherever I see fit you to change you. Also if you could not roll around after I feed you I'd appreciate it. You kind of vom all over and I have told you a million times I do not like laundry and as of right now you are causing me to do it almost daily.

Over the past week you have also started eating solids. I know I was crying when I fed you for the first time but it wasn't because I was crying with you. It was because it made me realize how big you are getting and how this thing is going way too fast. You on the other hand were crying because you had no idea what the heck i'm putting in your mouth. I apologize but you'll see soon that you like that stuff versus your bottle.

Harper you are also becoming very vocal. I love every little noise you make even the awkward ones. You do this grunting thing constantly and it is adorable but I think it might make people wonder if you are okay. You also say Ma, Mama, Ba, and Baba all the time.

When it comes to play time you still love books and your play mat but lets be real your new favorite games are make mommy fetch and pull moms hair. Whatever floats your boat girlfriend. We have also started doing alphabet flash cards but you would rather eat them.

As always Harper you are my favorite part of every day. I still cannot believe you chose me to be your mom but I'm forever grateful. You made me realize my purpose. You made me realize just what I'm capable of. Together we will continue to grow and amaze one another.

Love Always,
Mom

2 comments:

  1. I love your letter! I felt so sad too when we fed Everdeen her first solids...and then I cried when I put away her newborn clothes, and her swing, and the list goes on an on haha! That is such a wonderful picture of the two of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gave me the chills! You're such a good mama, and the love you feel for Harper shines through in your writing! <3

    ReplyDelete