Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Daddy-O


I was standing in the kitchen the other day with Harper in my arms and I was struggling to take the lid off of her bottle to place it in the warmer. I mean grunting, cursing, you name it. It wasn't the bottle. It was just me tired and stressed. The usual. My husband happened to be standing in the kitchen the entire time and looked at me and said to me "You know you could have asked me to take the lid off. I'm here to help you". Immediately after he said that I felt so bad. He was right and often times I get so caught up in mommy land I forget to ask my husband to help me.

I read an article awhile back about how important it is to let dads do their thing too and I believe in that so much. No matter how hard it is. As a stay at home mom I am the one constantly taking care of Harper. I have established routines and activities that we do daily. I have it down. I'll admit that sometimes I struggle to let dad take over. Don't get me wrong seeing Harper and Jason together is my absolute favorite thing. But he does things differently than me and since I take care of her all day I can't help but think sometimes that my way is the right way. But he is in every way wonderful at taking care of her too. In his way. Something I will never correct even if he doesn't know how to dress her. Haha.

He is the help I need. The help that allows me to take time for myself every once in awhile. It is the way it is supposed to be. He and I are a team. Mom and Dad. And I couldn't do it without him.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. You have the sweetest family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I'm sure you guys make a great team! Just remember that he wants to lighten your load ;)

    ReplyDelete